Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nicks in IRC channels

Paola
Apr 26 2009, 19:39
+Quote Post

Group: IRC Staff

Hi!!! It's us again. This time we are writing to see if we can solve a little problem we have with the ePlus users in the IRC channels. It seems that eMule Plus gives users nicks names that contain words that are forbidden in our emule+ channels. I'll show you an example so you understand what we mean:

gayjvy[ePlus] [e29430580@mf-F3FA55DF.red-79-151-121.dynamicip.rima-tde.net] entra
eMPlusX pone modo [+b gay*!*@* ]
Baneados: gayjvy[ePlus]
gayjvy[ePlus] ha sido expulsado por eMPlusX [Banned: "Cambia el nick por favor y vuelve" ]

dsexfg[ePlus] [e64FB86F5@mf-BB95165E.dsl.telepac.pt] entra
ePlus-X pone modo [+b *sex*!*@* ]
Baneados: dsexfg[ePlus]
dsexfg[ePlus] ha sido expulsado por ePlus-X [Banned: "Ma quanto mi fate lavorare ...cambia nick..grazie" ]

Maybe there is some way that words as gay or sex don't appear in the nicknames eMule Plus gives to the users.
Perseo, another helper in #emule+spanish, thought about the idea of putting the nicks without vocal letters so we wouldn't have that problem, but that's just an idea.
Thanks once again.
Staff #eMule+Spanish

This post has been edited by Paola: Apr 26 2009, 19:45
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
Post #1
Aw3
Apr 26 2009, 21:25
+Quote Post

Group: Admins

I understand your problem, but I don't see any solution for that.
Default nicks are random letters. Even if you introduce some kind of filter for these 2 words, you need to extend it all the time with new words.
Post #2
muleteer
Apr 27 2009, 06:01
+Quote Post

Group: Betatesters

I think Perseo has a valid idea. If we can adjust the random nick creating algorithm to exclude vowels (a, e, i, o, u, y), this problem would be eliminated. Is this doable? unsure.gif
Post #3
Aw3
Apr 28 2009, 01:59
+Quote Post

Group: Admins

Alright I will replace a, e, i, o, u with digits -- hopefully there're no bad digits (at least to me knowledge). Anyway it will be only for newly generated links.
Post #4

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 02:26