Tips – useful not visible features
Jan 11 2004, 11:33
Joined: 21-January 03
From: The Pampas, The land of the Gaucho!
Some useful tips for your eMule Plus experience
Right-click on the Download header to clear all completed files.
Click on the status icon of the complete file clears only this file.
Right-click on the Upload/Queue/Known Clients header to switch the view between Upload, Queue and Known Clients lists.
Clicking over a notification text will bring the referred window to the front.
Pressing CTRL while adding a directory to share (Preferences->General->Directories) will add all subdirectories as well.
Right-click on the toolbar to customize it or change the style (Double-click on the toolbar to customize it).
SHIFT-Drag can be used to move/delete toolbar buttons for faster customization.
You can search with FileDonkey or eMugle extension search (Web search). Just select the method used for the search and use the available search parameters.
Get First/Last chunks for preview has been simplified to select the best mode automatically and as always is selectable for each file.
A different preferences.ini is created with each new version of eMule Plus (format: preferences[version].ini). Old files for versions not used anymore can be safely deleted if you don't need or want them.
With the cleanup feature on the context menu of the download list you can choose to cleanup one or more selected files through it instead of using the file detail dialog on every file.
To remove search history you can press CTRL+DEL when positioned in that edit box.
Renaming of already downloaded file without rehashing -- right-click on the file in the Shared Files list, Shell Menu -> Rename.
Up/down arrows in the chat message edit box can be used to access the previously entered messages.
In addition to clicking on red X icon, middle mouse button click over a tab closes tab control as well.
Right-click on a tab in the Messages Window shows chat opponent properties.
To reduce the system load caused by file completion keep file temporary and destination directories on the same partition.
Fast comments editing -- click on the file rating icon in Shared Files list to edit your comment or change rating.
To search for a file on servers using file hash, enter ed2k::<hash> or a complete ed2k link into Name edit box.
* Use the Ctrl key over the download list while clicking column headers to sort sources.
* You can search in the lists using Ctrl-F/F3/Shift-F3 to start search/search next/search previous correspondingly.
* Some list columns containing two values have alternative sorting possibility, to sort by the second column value click column header several times (double arrow will appear on the column header).
* Shift + double-click on a file in the Shared Files list expands file parts, but it will only show parts ever uploaded.
* Ctrl-Shift + double-click on a file in the Shared Files list expands file parts, but it will only show parts uploaded in the current session.
* Use Shift key while clicking column headers in the Shared Files list to sort also parts information.
* Ctrl and "+" of the numeric pad auto-resizes the column widths of a list. Double-click on the list column header delimiter auto-resizes left side column.
Hidden preferences.ini settings
There're some rare settings which cannot be configured through the application GUI. This type of configuration is done by editing preferences.ini file when eMule Plus is not running.
Ini file section [eMule]:
BugReport=1 to enable (0: disable, 1: enable) extensive report about application issues shown in the debug.log.
TxtEditor=notepad.exe editor used to edit text configuration files in the preferences dialog.
Command-line Interface (cli)
You can issue command-line operations by running 'emule.exe command' or 'emule.exe ed2k-link' in case you want to add a new download.
Current valid commands are:
connect connect to any server
disconnect disconnect from the current server
limits set upload and download limits. Command format limits=[UpLim][:DownLim]. Ex: 'limits=10:64', 'limits=10', 'limits=:12.5'
preferences save preferences settings to the disk
reload reload Shared Files (hash newly added files)
restore maximize eMule Plus window
resume resume a paused download
status gives a status report about downloads (output is saved in status.log file)
exit exit application
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 22nd May 2013 - 03:40|